Sunday, July 11, 2010

Meow...meow...meeoooow

6:30am on a Sunday morning. Lovely. You might be thinking "Wow, Ashlee, that's great! You're up early and now you can get so much done around the house!" Okay, maybe you weren't thinking that but I'm trying desperately to think positively about this situation. Unfortunately, it's not working very well. Instead, I'm sitting here at my computer, yawning and closing my eyes for long periods of time, wishing I were back in bed.

Did I mean to get up this early? No, not really. I mean, sure, it would be nice to vacuum the pool now because it's still pretty cool. Cool being 87 degrees, that is. Yeah...looking at the temperature outside didn't really make me any more optimistic. Such is life in the middle of the desert. Outside work must be done in the "cool" morning hours.

Still, this is not the only morning I've been up this early. It seems that Titus, our not-so-little cat, has a new habit....of pawing at the door and meowing at some awful time in the morning. This time usually falls between 5:00am and 6:30. Not so early, you think? Well, it's early for us, especially on the weekend. The cat seems to be able to sense when we set our alarm and he inevitably starts making noise an hour or so beforehand. An hour is a lot of precious sleep time to miss out on.

So, last night Todd and I (a little frustrated at our morning wake up calls all week) decided to keep Titus in his cage overnight. He no longer freely roams the house and it's all his fault. I have to put a bit of blame on him otherwise I feel guilty keeping him locked up all night. In the past, putting his cage outside of our bedroom and locking him in there has been sufficient to stop the annoying little sounds in the morning.

Not this morning.

I'm not a very heavy sleeper. The little meows come at unexpected intervals and that makes them extremely difficult to ignore. Meow. Meow. Meeeoooow.

I don't really know what to do about it. Maybe I'll lock him in the laundry room tonight. It's for his own good, really. Because waking me up when it's perfectly allowable for me to sleep in could be hazardous to his health. I hope he knows what he's getting himself into.

This was my little venting session, my time to expel the "GRRR TITUS" emotions I'm feeling. The pool is calling to me. To clean it. Yay?

Now I'm just going to wake up Todd. Meow. Meow. Meeeoow.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

We are fortunate that we can shut THREE doors between us and our dogs at night. Otherwise the "crying" of puppies probably would have thrown me over the edge! Now that our dogs are used to their room they seem to like having space to themselves.