Last night, the fan above our heads whirling at full speed (which, given the height of our bed, can be a little scary), Todd and I chatted. I've said this a couple of times, but it reminds me of slumber parties with my best friends when I was younger - you know, the staying up later than you should talking about anything and everything. Surprisingly, Todd and I have a crush on each other! Oh slumber parties, what would we do without you?
Back on topic...We stayed up later than we should have, just talking. Here's how part of our conversation went.
Ashlee: There is so much to do in life and there are so many things that I want to do. I don't think that I can fit it all in one life. I want to travel the world, work in the FBI and CIA (because seriously, how awesome would that be?), learn yoga, be all spiritual, eat all sorts of delicious food, fix the education system, be President of the world, fix the world (and here Todd inserts: "Run the world." I nod, "Sure, run the world."), be a vigilante, read at least half of all books in the world, learn about the past, live in the past (swords and knights, anyone?), live in the future ( "Can you imagine all of the things we're going to miss out on in the future? I want to be there!"), be a scientist working on an amazing project, write a book (or a series), teach children, have children, be in the military, go to law school, be a lawyer, have a career....How can I do it all?
Todd: If you had to choose just one thing, what would it be?
Ashlee: I don't know, how could I decide? It really depends on my mood - sometimes I feel like I really want to pursue one path and other times I could see myself doing something completely different.I just don't know...What would you want to do?
Todd: You mean if I could pick one thing, what would I want to do with my life?
Ashlee: Yeah.
Todd: I'm doing it right now.
Ashlee: ....*breaks down into tears*
Todd: Those are happy tears, right?
Ashlee, still crying: Yeah.
And that is why I am so lucky. I have found someone who is my foundation, who keeps me grounded in reality, who supports me in everything I decide to do (no matter what mood I'm in), who deals with my moods (and let me tell you, I have some truly spectacular moods and amazing mood swings), who is willing to compromise in order to deal with me and who loves me no matter what. Thank you, Todd.
P.S. I foresee a new post on everything I want to do in life, the flightiness of a Gemini, and other randomness that I think as I fall asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment