Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sundays

Can I just say that I love the calm and tranquility that seems to prevail on Sundays? After an exciting weekend, there's something that is just refreshing about Sunday afternoons.

Of course, it could just be the whole "calm before the storm" sense that is tingling. After all, tomorrow is Monday and there is a lot to be done. I'm going shopping! I need to buy little Audrey a dress to wear to my mom's wedding. If there's anyone in town who is up for some sort of whirlwind shopping (since there are several things I need to accomplish), give me a call!

Then tomorrow night comes the packing - yes, Mom, I still pack the night before trips. It's a habit I've come to cherish.

You know, as I sit here and write this, I can't help but think of the movie we watched the other night. Julie's blogging had a definitive purpose. Mine...not so much. At the same time, I don't think I'm ready to commit to a goal or focus to my blog. That might constrain whatever natural and creative tendencies could result from this blog. But who knows, maybe someday my blog will be known for its critiques of novels, or its keen insight into political stories. Hmmm...

I rather like the idea of it just being my random little corner of the internet, actually.

Here's to a slow and steady Sunday in preparation for the week to come!

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I'm glad your Sunday was relaxing... up here it was the exact opposite! But we survived and it's forcing us to do some needed repairs and pilfer through some stored "junk".

I hope we get to see you guys this week!

Ashlee said...

I hope we're able to see you too! Todd should be contacting Tom sometime about the camera...I'm not sure if he's done that yet or not. In any case, I'm glad that you're looking on the bright side of things. Hopefully your basement will be back in working order in no time!