1) The heat. Oh my goodness, the heat. The weatherman says that we can say goodbye to the double digits for a while - triple heat, from now on! It was 107 degrees here today and it's only slated to get warmer. Now, if I woke up at, say, 5pm, I could go out for an evening swim before starting my "daily" activities. Plus, we don't like keeping the house super cold - it costs too much. So during the summer evenings, the thermostat is set for 82 degrees. During the day-time, when electricity costs more, the thermostat is set for 88 degrees. Now, I don't know about you, but it's hard to get motivated to do housework when it's so hot inside! The hotter is is, the more lethargic I feel. So if I haven't sent you emails recently, you know why!
2) Electricity. Todd and I are doing a "Time-of-Usage" plan for our utilities. This means that we are charged a lower rate when we use electricity in the off-times, and a higher rate when we use it during the high usage times. So, during the summer, this means that electricity costs more between 1pm and 8pm. So, if I become nocturnal and do things at night (i.e. laundry, dishwasher, vacuuming, etc.) I will be using electricity during the low times.
So, we'll see. There's a lot going on during the day here too, so we might not. But Todd and I are talking about it and he's said that he could go into work later, which would help us to be more active during the cooler evening hours.
And cooler is very subjective. After all, there will be times when the low at night is still in the 90's.
Lucky us!
P.S. This post should in no way be taken as a complaint about living here. I still love the sunshine and I still love my pool. ^_^
2 comments:
There times when the night time temp never gets below 100. Be sure to let me know if you are sleeping during the day so I won't call.
Aw, I don't think we'll actually do it. There's too many errands that have to be run during the day. But still, it's an interesting thought!
Post a Comment