Someday I'll remember that I have a blog that I should occasionally update to keep people aware of what I'm doing.
Yeah, I know that likely won't happen. But we'll do periodic updates and mark it as a step forward.
I've been extremely busy with law school, volunteer activities, and interviews.
So far, I've been interviewed for the Yuma County Legal Defender's Office, Community Legal Services -Employment/Education department, Community Legal Services - Family Law department. I've also put in my resume to other organizations, such as the Maricopa County Attorney's Office (juvenile division and the child welfare division). I'm also looking at opportunities at the courthouse, in the juvenile department and with child advocacy organizations.
My interests seem to be in criminal law and family/juvenile law for the moment. I'm always open to that changing and I'm doing other things (such as helping create a Social Media pro-bono group that helps businesses understand issues with their business and social media) to introduce myself to different types of law.
Along with all of that comes extra-curricular activities. There are Bar Reviews (where we, as law students, go around and enjoy a night out), Fajita - cookoffs, with all-you-can-eat fajitas (Todd is super excited for that), a Barrister's Ball (Formal dinner/dance for law students), AZ Supreme Court arguments, lunch workshops, and so much more! I've started using Google Calendar in order to keep a schedule because blocks of time are filling up quickly. I'm really looking forward to Spring Break, some rest and relaxation, and some time with my mom!
And right now, I'm off to enter the wonderful world of Property Law and the Rule Against Perpetuities.
No comments:
Post a Comment