As I was sitting around at home in Sheridan today, I thought that it was time that I got back into the routine of updating our blogs. Todd and I have kind of fallen off the face of the earth as far as these blogs are concerned. I think a large part of that is due to the fact that we fell out of the routine and just got busy with the normal little things that make up our life. But let's see if we can give this another shot!
To catch everyone up on everything, here's a whirlwind summary of what's been going on.
In October 2010, I hurt my back while I was at work. The injury kept me going in and out of the doctor's office - steroid injections, physical therapy, x-rays, MRIs, etc. Because the injury occurred at work, it fell under Workman's Compensation so I got to experience what that fun little system is like (note that I'm being sarcastic here). I wasn't really able to stay in the classroom, so I did part-time substituting instead in order to finish our my Teach For America commitment. That ended in May and I've been enjoying the hot hot hot summer in Phoenix since then. This is my last free summer for a while (since future summers will be busy with internships and work), so I'm taking advantage of my free time.
Law school orientation starts on August 13th, with actual classes starting August 18th. Todd and I are busy ordering books and waiting for my new laptop to come in.
Speaking of Todd, he's got a real job now! He started yesterday at Amkor Technology. He enjoyed his first day there and I'm sure we'll hear more about that later. Maybe I can push him to update our blog with that information!
Right now I'm still at home in Sheridan, enjoying the cool weather. Well, cool for me at least. I've been able to see quite a few family members while I've been in town. One of my awesome high school friends, Hillary, just got married and I was a bridesmaid in her wedding. Her and Nick had a gorgeous ceremony in the mountains followed by a fun reception at the Best Western.
This is just my quick little update post. I'm going to do the same thing (though maybe in a different format) for our other blog.
Expect more updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment