My mind feels like it is wrapped in a blanket of wool -the icky stifling kind, not the warm and comforting type. The little guys that make up my immune system are working overtime. When I woke up this morning, I almost thought I had lost my voice. But no, I just sounded like a 80 year old smoker. A couple of pills - vitamins and Tylenol Cold/Sinus -later (and a whole thermos of tea with honey), I was feeling somewhat capable of going through my daily routine like a normal human being. Or at least semi-normal. It's about 4:15pm now and I'm seriously considering eating and then going to bed. What a busy, busy and exhausting day. I feel a little like this dog looks right now (especially if he happens to have a sinus infection and cleaned dusty cabinets and shelves all day).Work today was, despite my stuffy head/nose/sinuses, super productive (it tends to be that way when there are no students around). The site is almost ready for inspections.
My super cool TFA morning teacher-counterpart (*High five Celeste!*) and I decided to go on an organizing streak. The inner part of me that is a little OCD is pretty excited about that. It helps me to feel more prepared for next year.
Normally that OCD part stays very hidden, as you well know if you've seen my closet a.k.a. the "shove everything that I can't take the time to put away right now" area. Speaking of which, maybe my closet is a task that I will tackle over the summer. We'll have to see about that.
And now I'm going to go forage in the kitchen for some goodies. I don't really have to sit down to a real "meal" tonight since Todd isn't here. He can't really keep hunger at bay by foraging in the kitchen cupboards like I can. Woot for not feeling like cooking a real meal!
No comments:
Post a Comment